Serum E-selectin in Preeclampsia: A Case – Control Study
Author(s): Hossein Ayatollahi, Nayereh Khadem, Homa Kianifar, Seyedeh Houra Mousavi Vahed, Malihe Afiat, Fedyeh Haghollah
Preeclampsia (PE) is an important disease in pregnancy, and is one of the causes of maternal morbidity, mortality and adverse neonatal outcomes. One of the basic pathophysiologies of preeclampsia is endothelial cell dysfunction as suggested by an elevated concentration of endothelin-selectin. The aim of this study was to compare the sera levels of endothelin-selectin (E-selectin) in normal and pre-eclamptic term pregnancy. This case-control study was followed on 80 patients admitted to the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Ghaem and Emam Reza hospitals in Mashhad University of Medical Sciences. The Control group consisted of 40 normal term pregnant women (≥ 37 weeks) and the Case group was 40 term preeclamptic pregnant women. Participants were enrolled after approval by the ethics committee and received the informed consent. E-selectin concentration evaluated in two groups. The level of E-selectin was significantly in two groups. It was higher in sera of pre-eclamptic patients than the normal pregnancy (p=0.0001). Especially, it was significantly higher in severe pre-eclamptic patients (p<0.05). In conclusion, the found results showed that E-selectin was increased in term of PE that and may be useful for predicting the severity of pre-eclampsia.
Share this article
- Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma in Iran; a Ret-rospective Study to Investigate Demographic ..
- Investigation of Blood Selenium and Zinc in Type2 Diabetes with TCF7L2 (rs7903146 C/T) Genotypes..
- Serum E-selectin in Preeclampsia: A Case â Control Study..
- A Review of Bio Inspired Computing and its Applications..
- Maternal and Perinatal Outcome, a Case Report of Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation Following Sn..
- Clustering Techniques on Pap-smear Images for the Detection of Cervical Cancer..
- International Conference on Smart Computing and Communication (SmartTech-2017)..