Investigation of Blood Selenium and Zinc in Type2 Diabetes with TCF7L2 (rs7903146 C/T) Genotypes
Author(s): Maryam Bakhtiari Boroujeni, Mohammad Fazilati, Hossein Salavati, Saeed Habibollahi, Abbasali Palizban
TCF7L2 (rs7903146) as one of the most significant single nucleotide polymorphism, is one of the associated genes with type 2 diabetes. This case-control study was performed on the whole blood of 87 patients with type 2 diabetes and 45 healthy people. Selenium and zinc concentrations in whole blood were measured using flameless atomic-absorption spectrometry. The genotype of TCF7L2 was achieved by real-time PCR and high-resolution melt (HRM). In order to data analyzing, the t-test and one-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) were used. The difference of zinc levels and also selenium levels in whole blood for both healthy (Zinc: 164.75 μgr dL-1, selenium: 140.71 μgr L-1) and patients (Zinc: 136.77 μgr dL-1, selenium: 111.66 μgr L-1) groups was significant (P-value <0.05). The different levels of zinc and selenium in healthy genotype group (TT, CT, CC) and type 2 diabetic patient genotype (TT, CT, CC) group was also significant (P-value <0.05). The presence of the T allele as a risk factor led to reducing zinc levels in healthy subjects. Significant reduction in zinc in the diabetic CT versus healthy CC and in diabetic TT versus healthy CT can be considered as a result of the T allele risk. Amount of selenium in TT genotype in both control group and diabetic patients was reduced.
Share this article
- Gastroesophageal Junction Adenocarcinoma in Iran; a Ret-rospective Study to Investigate Demographic ..
- Investigation of Blood Selenium and Zinc in Type2 Diabetes with TCF7L2 (rs7903146 C/T) Genotypes..
- Serum E-selectin in Preeclampsia: A Case â Control Study..
- A Review of Bio Inspired Computing and its Applications..
- Maternal and Perinatal Outcome, a Case Report of Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation Following Sn..
- Clustering Techniques on Pap-smear Images for the Detection of Cervical Cancer..
- International Conference on Smart Computing and Communication (SmartTech-2017)..